Remember how last month we had a little celebration of sorts? Well, we have another one. It’s my one year anniversary with my boyfriend. Oh, you mean I’ve never mentioned him before? Well, let me give you a couple hints on who he is.
1. He’s pretty shy and doesn’t like to talk much. Buuuuuut he’s one hell of a writer.
2. He’s pretty flaky. Sometimes I’ll hear from him a couple times a week… Others, not so much.
3. You could say he’s pretty supportive of this whole food blogging thing. Yes… You could say that is spot on, actually.
4. And he’s definitely supportive when I freak out about eating a whole brownie pan then spend the evening on the couch yelping for hot tea, a heating pad, and Nicolas Sparks movies.
5. He pretty much puts up with listening to only the Beatles on my pandora station. Over. And over. And over, again.
6. He pins too much.
7. He emails even more.
8. I never need to worry about bad breath.
9. You could say he’s pretty technological savvy… Especially with computers. He knows how to work those guys pretty well.
10. He tends to give me a massive headache when I stare at him for too long.
Well… Considering the fact that I wouldn’t date anyone unless they had Ryan Reynold’s face, Zac Efron’s blue eyes, Josh Duhamel’s smile, Jude Law’s accent, Will Smith’s hot body, Justin Timberlake’s humor, Channing Tatum’s dance moves, Frank Sinatra’s voice, and Michael Phelps’ appetite, this guy would have to be pretty damn spectacular.
This blog. Yes, this blog is my boyfriend. And it’s our one year anniversary. Meaning, it’s been one year since I started
dating my boyfriend blogging. ONE. YEAR. Whhhhuuuut? This is by far the longest relationship I’ve ever been in. Talk about commitment issues. Whhhhuuuuut?
To celebrate? I think I’ll buy myself a bouquet of white roses and pour myself a glass of wine.
Anyways, I participated in the Foodie Penpal exchange again. I know. Free goodies and I come running. Fast. I totally dig this.
Each month, Lindsay from the Lean Green Bean pairs both bloggers and blog readers together and asks each participant to send a box of goodies to an assigned penpal. Once you receive your package, you post about what you’ve received on the 30th of every month. I was matched up with Willow (check out her blog to see what I sent her) and I received a great box from Christie Norris who totally rocked it this month. If you’re interested in participating in May, visit here to fill out a form. It sounds pretty good, right?
As I mentioned before, Christie definitely hit the nail on the head. Here’s a little peak of what I got.
1. Her cute letter. I love letters. Really, I do. I’m just going to say it… We should all go back to the whole “sending handwritten letter” thing and screw technology. I was never very good with technology anyways.
2. Some delicious [<---- understatement] granola from a local farmer’s market.
3. P-e-a-n-u-t b-u-t-t-e-r-c-o-v-e-r-e-d pretzels. Ya dig?
4. A blueberry vanilla granola bar from a local shop.
5. A blueberry fruit bar
6. Annnnd chocolate. Chocolate chocolate chocolate. She chocolated her way into my heart… This girl just gets me.
Before I leave and celebrate with my boyfriend and these chocolates… Annnnd because I’m feeling really great about the whole thing… I’ll leave you guys with a little preview of what to expect in the next couple of weeks.