And so continues the new Friday series on Oh Shine On, “Sweet Nothings”. Constant reminders, updates, photos, new loves, or whatever else that’s cool. Simple and sweet, right? A little mix and a little match.
1. I received this email from my old babysitter after posting my last recipe, Mushroom & Spinach Mac n’ Cheese: “One of my most vivid memories of Katie was that, when she asked for just mac and cheese, I would always add spinach or peas or something to make it healthy… Katie especially would be so disappointed. I laughed so hard when I saw this recipe… My memory of Katie so disappointed almost in tears over green veggies in her mac and cheese, not able to pick them out…”
We gotta grow up at some point… Not sure how attractive it would be watching someone scream and fuss over green stuff in their dishes.
2. Roasted strawberry vanilla bean ice cream. Might be just about the best thing ever created. Do it.
3. Homemade pizza. Vino. Dinner by candle light. I love summers in Boston.
4. Flowers. Flowers. Flowers. Just because I have a slight obsession with my iPhone picture apps.
5. Bobby Flay.
6. Delicious peach kuchen.
7. Trips to Cape Cod.
8. Scraps. I don’t like to share.
9. Me gaining 5 pounds over the last two days. See #’s 5 and 6.
10. It’s my 21st birthday this weekend, so why shouldn’t I milk it for all it’s worth? As in… New York City and The Lion King on Broadway [ <-- thanks mom and dad. Now how about that beer?]
Oh, and I like dark chocolate and white roses. And Ryan Gosling impersonators… Or the real thing with those washboard abs. That’s a good birthday present. Feel free to send him to my home address…
With or without his shirt.